[Corporations] American Dream Radio is currently airing new shows about influence peddling in the U.S.

Jerry at American Dream Radio jerry at AmericanDreamRadio.org
Mon Feb 23 15:43:15 EST 2004

If you listen to American Dream Radio, you'll know that our content repeats
more than most radio stations.  We hope it will serve as a primer for those
who are waking up politically and trying to figure out what's happening to
democracy and the middle class in American politics.  We hope that people
will send their friends to our station to learn about some of the essential
issues that are rarely covered by the corporate media.  As always, we are
focused on the peddling of influence and its effect on the economic bottom
95% of the U.S. and the world.

>From time to time, we debut a number of new programs all at once, so regular
listeners can tune in and hear the new stuff without having to listen to
programs they've already heard.  This is one of those times.  Here are a few
of the new programs we are now playing for the first time.

David Cay Johnston talking about his new book Perfectly Legal: The Covert
Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich - and Cheat
Everybody Else.  This one is a real eye-opener about what's happening with
the tax cuts.  What they're really costing us and who's really paying.

Elizabeth Warren - talking about her new book The Two-Income Trap: Why
Middle-Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke which talks about what's
happening to the middle class.  My favorite of the new shows.  A very good
interview by Bill Moyers, but chilling.

Kevin Phillips talks about his new book American Dynasty: Aristocracy,
Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush.  In this Democracy
Now interview, he talks about the Bush family's rise to power from Bush's
great grandfathers to present day.  This former staunch conservative
Republican,  former Nixon staffer, and current critic of the Bush
administration's twisting of the Republican Party.  Here's a Kevin Phillips
quote from some other writings:

"Now what I get a sense of from all of this -- and then topped obviously by
spending all the money in 2000 to basically buy the election -- is that this
is not a family that has a particularly strong commitment to American
democracy. Its sense of how to win elections comes out of a CIA manual, not
out of the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution." -- Kevin
Phillips

Paul O'Neill (Bush's former Treasury Secretary) and Ron Suskind (author of a
book The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the
Education of Paul O'Neill in which Mr. O'Neill discussed what he learned as
a member of Bush's cabinet.  He talks about the political agendas trumping
policy agendas for the first time he has ever seen.  He talks about the tone
in the cabinet of "Uncurious George".

Also, we have a number of new songs, Counterspin (from F.A.I.R.), Jim
Hightower commentaries, and other Americana audio surprises.

I'd be delighted to hear what you think as some of these shows will be
merged back into our standard content in a few weeks.  Please feel free to
make any comments in e-mail or on American Dream Radio's Feedback forum on
American Dream Forum.  I hope you'll tune in and hear the latest buzz about
U.S. democracy and the influence peddling that passes for government.

Find us at: www.AmericanDreamRadio.org

Thanks for listening.

Best regards,

Jerry Krantman