- Write a headline that misleads the reader so that they have no idea what the article is about.
- Fail to spellcheck and grammar-check an article.
- Fail to make sure that parts of the article don’t get rearranged or cut out by accident when the article is layed out.
- Always give greater coverage to sporting and music events than political events. Sports and entertainment ARE NOT news (although all mass media news is effectively entertainment, anymore).
- Feel free to change the content of an article when you don’t know the issue and without consulting the writer.
10 Ways Reporters Can Screw up an Article