[Corporations] Candy Maker Enables Child Slavery, Ministers Say

Bruce Hunter earthlife at juno.com
Sun Feb 22 01:19:15 EST 2004

The answers to this problem -- and so many others-- lie, I believe,  in
boldly examining the crux of the human paradox: How can humans learn to
live in a comfortable, healthful and sustainable balance with the other
species?

I believe there is only ONE answer to that-- stabilizing human
populations at or below present levels, so I am urging every voter to
consider taking the following two resolutions to hsr precinct meeting (at
7 PM, when the polls close) and moving that they become planks in your
party's state platform:

Stabilize human populations at or below current levels.
As our continually growing population becomes increasingly dependent upon
a shrinking body of finite natural resources-- clean air, fresh water,
fish, timber, topsoil, oil, gas and the many disappearing and endangered
species whose importance to humans is not yet fully understood or
appreciated-- we believe it is now time to develop a national campaign
for stabilizing our population/consumption at or below present levels--
levels comfortably sustainable with our own natural energy resources;
We advocate educational and government support for encouraging the young
to better understand the connection between planetary stewardship,
reproductive responsibility and good citizenship, and we support
providing each young person financial and/or other incentives to marry no
earlier than age 21 and to become a parent to two or fewer offspring.
Privatize religion.
RESPECTING the great diversity among our people as to religious opinion,
BELIEVING that all citizens should stand as equals under the law as to
religious belief, and
 HONORING the U.S. Constitution's mandate that government under these
United States shall be secular, we call for legislation to insure that
neither religious opinion nor religious practice shall be established by
law, and that no tax funds in any amount shall be used either to promote
or disparage religious belief, or to show any preference whatever for
'faith' over skepticism in such matters.