[Corporations] new resource for supporting local businesses

melissa roberts nowarusa at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 20:19:05 EST 2004

Dear friends and supporters of local small business,

This spring a new resource will be made available to you and local
independent businesses in communities across the United States. A database
driven website linking you to small businesses in your neighborhood and
surrounding community is currently being developed that will give you a
central resource for finding and learning about the independent businesses
in your area.

For the last 20 years the US has experienced an unprecedented decline in the
health of its local economies. As large mega-retailers move into local
communities, smaller local independent businesses are closing at an alarming
rate leaving communities with less of a supporting tax base, less local
flavor and less diversity in product and service choices. You have the
opportunity to actively support your local community based businesses and
come this spring you will have a new on-line resource that we hope will help
enable a turning tide toward going local.

If you would like to receive future announcements regarding the website
release date or you are a small local business (located anywhere in USA)
that would like to be listed in our database free of charge, please feel
free to contact us.

For now, individuals who would like to get on our mail list can send just
your email address to <localsupdate at yahoo.com>. Local small (under 50
employees) independent (any and all owners reside in the community where the
business is located) businesses that would like to get listed in the
database can email the following to <localslisting at yahoo.com>(no attachments
please):

Business category: (example: pet supplies, hardware, hair salon, restaurant,
clothing)
Business name:
Physical address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone:
Website URL:
2 sentence business description including what type of products or services
offered (longer descriptions will not be accepted at this time):
-
-
-
-